Thursday, September 30, 2010

Challenge 2 "The Alice Challenge"

For this challenge we had to choose a character from children's literature(now I say children's because most of the heroes/heroines of children's literature have a distinct style that you can build on) and keeping their colours and style, design them a fresh new look, that is in keeping with their style.


                                          Little Red Riding Hood


                                                  




 I knew I wanted to do  Little Red Riding Hood immediately.   My vision was to take  Little Red Riding Hood from a childish innocent into a red-hot femme fatale.
I wanted to do something  different and unpredictable so I went with a sexy long gown.
For the gown I used red and black  silk with a big over sized bow, black silk scrunched effect for the bottom.  For the stole I made a wolf wrapped around her neck. I wasn't able to make a professional looking wolf stole given the time.   I made a reversible satin cape which drapes perfectly over her shoulders.  

To see all the photos go to : http://www.couturedoll.com/gordana.html

Here  is what the judges scores
Theme: 5
Originality: 4.5
Creativity: 4.5
Construction: 5
Judith
I love where this sassy outfit is going. It is certainly a fresh take on the Red Riding Hood character drawing on the elements from her style. Terrific choice of fabric and a beautifully constructed gown. Great detail with the black ruching at the hem and a nice touch with the wolf stole

Theme: 4.5
Originality: 3.5
Creativity: 4
Construction: 4.5
Rob
Your fashion is really pretty, seems to be well constructed and well fitted.  The finishing is very nice.  I like the fox stole, and that you kept the hooded cape.  The dress is very sexy and really a beautiful garment, I really like the ruching detail at the bottom of the skirt, and the bow is a nice accent. Everything is really pretty and well done, but a bit expected and not extremely original.  The fox stole was an original and cute thought for this character update.  You did pull of the challenge well.  It just feels a bit expected, and I wanted something more, something to really be excited about, which would put this fashion over the top for me.  I would like to see some elaborate detailing on the cape, something very luxurious and spectacular. Possibly a beautiful brocade with faux fur trim and lining would have been nice.  Some embellishment on the bodice of the dress could have added the extra touch I was looking for.  Overall, good job, very pretty, but it makes me want a bit more

Theme: 1
Originality: 2
Creativity: 2
Construction: 5
Tom
What a gorgeous gown…what a shame it doesn’t say a thing about ‘Red Riding Hood’s character…nor does the ‘red riding hood’ cape work…it makes the design look like a Halloween witches’ costume.  OK…we get it…you’re a fine couturier…but you’re not getting the challenge.  Oh yes…and I hate that wolf wrap…it’s silly, and it doesn’t work with your gorgeous gown except in a far-too-literal way. You have amazing talent in your design and execution skills (the black ruching is perfectly done, and not an easy thing to accomplish) – but you’re not getting the interpretation of the challenges, which is hurting you in Interpretation, Originality, and Creativity scoring.

Theme: 5
Originality: 5
Creativity: 5
Construction: 5
David
Super sexy and gorgeously made! Love the humor with the wolf stole!

Thank you judges for all the scores!

Work in Progress:
 Sketch
Made a few small changes along the way!
Measuring
Fittings


Cutting the cape
Final fittings

Voila! Completed garments


Samantha Herren is now ready for her modeling shoot
Fits her perfectly!
And this is my version of the Little Red Riding Hood for Challenge 2
Glamour Goddess Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment